I almost titled this post Roller Coaster Sunday! You see, I am a big, huge hockey and football fan. The very first thing that I viewed on tv this morning was the NHL was officially on lockout. Really started my day off on the wrong foot. Now I considered rambling on about this topic but I figured most of you wouldn’t appreciate it, so I will just say one thing. Children grow up yearning to have a job playing the game that they love, but yet somehow they turn into adults that just want a larger check. It is just sad. As for football I have two favorite teams: the Arizona Cardinals and the Baltimore Ravens. Another roller coaster ride. Congrats Cardinals!!!
I titled this post Happy Sunday because of the good news I have to share about this book review blog. Another author has sent me their book to review, please see The List for more details. Plus we are less than 120 views away from reaching 2,000 all-time views! Have I thanked each of you lately? Thank you for all of your support! I am starting to gain some confidence in my hope to become a professional reviewer for a publishing house or bookstore. Did I mention that my review of Jazz marked the twentieth book review on this blog? As for the 21st book review, I am almost to the halfway point which means the review should be ready in a couple of days. Thanks again for all of your support. Have a wonderful night!
It is a real honor to accept a nomination for an award. It is an extremely high honor to accept two nominations, on the same day! I am speechless. First I want to thank Scribbler for my nomination. This past week was very difficult for me to find time to blog, and when I came back it was exciting to see this nomination. I enjoy your blog and recommend everyone to go check out your website. There are two rules to this award: list seven things about yourself and then nominate seven other blogs.
1. I live near the beach, but I despise the beach. Give me a snowy mountain and I will be happy.
2. I was diagnosed with ITP at the age of 21, on September 11, 2008, and I have learned to live my life as an open book. By sharing everything, I hope to get people discussing uncomfortable topics and spread awareness about the lesser known auto-immune diseases.
3. I used to work as a Health Unit Coordinator in the Emergency Room in my hometown in Va. I miss my Va family! But we still stay in touch. Oh and distance will help show you who are your real friends and family. Love y’all!
4. I am a night person because the sun and I have a respectful love-hate relationship. If I step outside while the sun is out, I will be burned within ten minutes.
5. I love all animals, but little bugs freak me out. Oh spiders, too. And snakes are on my evil list after one bit Jagger and we ended up in the Animal hospital one night.
6. I am actually planning on writing a book about my life. My new motto is making laughter (not lemonade) from all of life’s lemons. Have no fear this is several years away from becoming a reality.
7. I am the biggest Washington Capitals fan you will ever meet. I am pretty sure I came out of the womb cheering “Let’s Go Capitals, Let’s Go!”
Now for my seven nominees (in no particular order):
1. Write On
2. Domestic Diva, M.D.
3. The Jenny Mac Book Blog
4. Beating Rheumatoid Arthritis
5. Invisible Ink
6. “The Light-Bearer Series”
7. Writing Waffle
Thanks again to all of you for your support.
Filed under About Me, Awards