The other day, I was nominated for The Sunshine Award by Chelsea Brown! Thank you very much Chelsea, I really appreciate it!!!
The rules appear to be pretty simple:
1. Include logo in post or on site.
2. Answer ten questions about yourself.
3. Nominate ten other blogs.
4. Post links to the nominees’ sites and comment on their pages to let them know they won!
5. Link back to the person who nominated you.
I am going to use Chelsea’s questions as a guideline.
1. Favorite color: Either blue or red.
2. Dog versus cat: I love all animals, but I must say I am a dog girl!
3. Favorite number: 7 (something Chelsea and I have in common!)
4. Favorite month: MARCH!!! May have something to do with it being a fabulous month of birthdays.
5. Favorite state: Montana (Even though I have never been there, that is where my heart lies, thanks to numerous books.)
6. Favorite subject in school: Psychology, Science and Math (Yes math, I loved it and thrived in those classes, until Senior year when I fell in love with Psychology.)
7. Favorite genre: Everything (Everyone asks me this and I am sorry to disappoint, but I don’t have a favorite. It depends on my mood.)
8. Favorite music: Pretty much everything. Depends on my mood, but top favorite bands are: Buckcherry and Papa Roach.
9. Favorite flower: Pansies! (I love those faces.)
10. Favorite gemstone: Aquamarine, of course!!! :~)
Now for the important part, my nominees:
Congrats to each of these bloggers!!! Thank you again, Chelsea!
Hope you all have a wonderful night!!!
Filed under About Me, Awards
You might have noticed I have been completely absent from here for roughly a week. I do apologize. This past week was very tough on my family, plus Tuesday was supposed to be a day of celebrating a birthday, but it was delayed for a few days. However I must thank you all because upon my return here, I found some amazing news. Together you have helped this site reach over 3,300 views all-time and over 1,000 this month, plus several new followers. (Welcome!) Also, this site has been nominated for more awards by some pretty cool bloggers. (Thanks!) I am absolutely shocked and humbled by these facts. I want to give them proper respect and show my gratitude, so (fingers crossed) I will write more on this tomorrow.
I hate to say that I didn’t have much time to read this past week, but sadly it is the truth. This means I do not have a new review prepared for you all just yet. (Hoping for Tuesday/Wednesday.) Also hoping on Tuesday to be able to update my other sites with reviews. I do apologize for the delay. It takes a bit more time for me to access and be able to work on my desktop and transfer my review, hence the delay. I have learned that because I am not an author, I cannot connect my site here to the Goodreads site. However, since I am a reviewer, if I type my reviews on Goodreads first they can then automatically publish them onto my blog here. So since I do not have a review ready for you tonight, I thought I would take a poll from authors that use Goodreads and WordPress. As an author do you want my reviews typed here and then in roughly a week (except for this past week) an excerpt placed on Goodreads, or would you rather a full review be placed on Goodreads then published here? Leave a comment or email me with your thoughts.
Now I would be remiss if I did not discuss Hurricane Sandy. As some of you may have noticed, I am located in the Pawleys Island, SC area, but I am from Va. This weekend we experienced some fierce winds that knocked down a few trees, but otherwise nothing major occurred. We all were prepared for much worse, especially the torrential rain that did not come, thankfully. Now most of my friends and family live in SC and my heart goes out to them. I am sending prayers, positive thoughts and crossing all my fingers that everyone, not just my family and friends, will remain safe and unharmed by Hurricane Sandy. She is definitely making history, and my hope is that it will just be a factual account that is remembered and not a devastating memory. Everyone please be safe! Stay inside, listen to the radio, play games, just stay safe!
Thanks again for your continued support. You all are amazing! Have a wonderful night!
It is a real honor to accept a nomination for an award. It is an extremely high honor to accept two nominations, on the same day! I am speechless. First I want to thank Scribbler for my nomination. This past week was very difficult for me to find time to blog, and when I came back it was exciting to see this nomination. I enjoy your blog and recommend everyone to go check out your website. There are two rules to this award: list seven things about yourself and then nominate seven other blogs.
1. I live near the beach, but I despise the beach. Give me a snowy mountain and I will be happy.
2. I was diagnosed with ITP at the age of 21, on September 11, 2008, and I have learned to live my life as an open book. By sharing everything, I hope to get people discussing uncomfortable topics and spread awareness about the lesser known auto-immune diseases.
3. I used to work as a Health Unit Coordinator in the Emergency Room in my hometown in Va. I miss my Va family! But we still stay in touch. Oh and distance will help show you who are your real friends and family. Love y’all!
4. I am a night person because the sun and I have a respectful love-hate relationship. If I step outside while the sun is out, I will be burned within ten minutes.
5. I love all animals, but little bugs freak me out. Oh spiders, too. And snakes are on my evil list after one bit Jagger and we ended up in the Animal hospital one night.
6. I am actually planning on writing a book about my life. My new motto is making laughter (not lemonade) from all of life’s lemons. Have no fear this is several years away from becoming a reality.
7. I am the biggest Washington Capitals fan you will ever meet. I am pretty sure I came out of the womb cheering “Let’s Go Capitals, Let’s Go!”
Now for my seven nominees (in no particular order):
1. Write On
2. Domestic Diva, M.D.
3. The Jenny Mac Book Blog
4. Beating Rheumatoid Arthritis
5. Invisible Ink
6. “The Light-Bearer Series”
7. Writing Waffle
Thanks again to all of you for your support.
Filed under About Me, Awards
I want to thank Chelsea Brown for nominating me last week. She is a hopefully soon to be published author and has some interesting posts. I am so honored to have been nominated, especially during the time period where life took over, and my blogging time disappeared. So thank you Chelsea and I look forward to more posts from your multi-award nominated blog! The rules in accepting this nomination are easy, you must thank the person who nominated you, post the logo on your blog, and nominate fifteen blogs. As you all know I am new to blogging so it took me several attempts to getting the logo attached. But here it is:
How cute! Now onto my nominees (in no particular order):
1. Dana Zalesky
2. The Hand-Written Life
3. Amanda’s Blog
4. Elizabeth Rooks
5. That’s great Mom… but I have pie.
7. Sarah’s Shore
8. Fae+Rhys on the Left
9. Kira Moore’s Closet
10. A Scrapbook for Inspiration
11. Urban Wall Art & Murals
12. Texana’s Kitchen
13. For the Love of Autism and Writing
14. Adopting James
15. The Scribbler Archive
I take back the part of this being an easy award to accept. Trying to narrow down the blogs I like to just fifteen was difficult. If you don’t see your page listed, please don’t get upset. I think you all are fabulous and have amazing blogs. I wanted to share some of the more unique blogs with my nominees. Congrats to you all! Thanks again for all the support.
Filed under About Me, Awards
I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. Today was a crazy, hectic day on the home front and the blog world. My latest review has made an appearance on The Man in the Box‘s Facebook page and Andrew Toy‘s website! I have started reading the next book on The List. Plus, this blog was nominated for another award! It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me tomorrow. First, I have several book reviews to add to my other sites. (My deepest apologies to the author’s that have been waiting for my reviews to pop up.) Then I have the great honor to work on accepting (and giving full credit to the bloggers that nominated me) two blog awards. Thanks again to all of my fabulous followers. I appreciate all of your support. Have a wonderful night everyone.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. I want to apologize for my absence, and thank everyone for their patience. Family comes first, and the past week was hectic. I appreciate all of your support, and will have a new review posted for you tomorrow. Also, during my absence my blog was nominated for an award, which I am thrilled about, and I will post more about it tomorrow. Good night for now, and thanks again.