It is a real honor to accept a nomination for an award. It is an extremely high honor to accept two nominations, on the same day! I am speechless. First I want to thank Scribbler for my nomination. This past week was very difficult for me to find time to blog, and when I came back it was exciting to see this nomination. I enjoy your blog and recommend everyone to go check out your website. There are two rules to this award: list seven things about yourself and then nominate seven other blogs.
1. I live near the beach, but I despise the beach. Give me a snowy mountain and I will be happy.
2. I was diagnosed with ITP at the age of 21, on September 11, 2008, and I have learned to live my life as an open book. By sharing everything, I hope to get people discussing uncomfortable topics and spread awareness about the lesser known auto-immune diseases.
3. I used to work as a Health Unit Coordinator in the Emergency Room in my hometown in Va. I miss my Va family! But we still stay in touch. Oh and distance will help show you who are your real friends and family. Love y’all!
4. I am a night person because the sun and I have a respectful love-hate relationship. If I step outside while the sun is out, I will be burned within ten minutes.
5. I love all animals, but little bugs freak me out. Oh spiders, too. And snakes are on my evil list after one bit Jagger and we ended up in the Animal hospital one night.
6. I am actually planning on writing a book about my life. My new motto is making laughter (not lemonade) from all of life’s lemons. Have no fear this is several years away from becoming a reality.
7. I am the biggest Washington Capitals fan you will ever meet. I am pretty sure I came out of the womb cheering “Let’s Go Capitals, Let’s Go!”
Now for my seven nominees (in no particular order):
1. Write On
Thanks again to all of you for your support.