On one hand it is terribly upsetting to say that my vacation is officially over. I mean, who wants to go to work, when there are two adorable puppies that want to cuddle?!?!?!
On the other hand, this was an incredibly exhausting vacation, from illnesses and a dead smoke detector, and absolutely little to no sleep. (Oh well, I am grateful for the bonus time with my family!)
So things may not have gone as planned, but I did manage to read 7 books in 5 days. (It helps when you are awake for a solid 48 hours… twice.)
As promised, here’s a list of titles and page totals that I managed to read:
1. Short Stories from Hogwarts on Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies by J. K. Rowling (71 pages)
2. Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists by J. K. Rowling (71 pages)
3. Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide by J. K. Rowling (92 pages)
4. The Recruit by Brad Taylor (95 pages)
5. The Secret to Southern Charm by Kristy Woodson Harvey (400 pages)
6. Black & Blue by James Patterson (144 pages)
7. The Christmas Wedding Ring by Susan Mallery (272 pages)
That’s a total of 1,145 pages. Not too bad. I didn’t hit my goal, and I still have a few book set aside to finish throughout this month. All in all, I am happy with my balanced reading for the week and I must say, I got my reading groove back… and it feels good!
What have you been reading this month?