I have been hinting in my past two posts, that I was nominated for my very first blog award! A very, big thanks goes to Children’s Author, Andrea Kelly for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I was in complete shock at first and unable to figure out how to express my gratitude without sounding like I was five years old again. I am extremely greatful for the nomination. If you haven’t been to Andrea Kelly’s blog, I highly recommend you check it out. So this award was created for bloggers to nominate other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. Then the person nominated has to answer 11 questions that were asked by the person nominating them. After that they then have to pass the nomination onto other bloggers and pose 11 new questions. Here we go:
Andrea Kelly’s 11 Questions:
1. If you could be any household appliance, what would you be?
I like this question, and I had narrowed down my choice, until I started writing this post. Now I have a different yet, similar answer. At first I was going to say a freezer, but now I realize I needed to take it one step further. I would be the AC unit. I would want to help everyone, including myself stay cool during these horrific heat waves.
2. Why did you start blogging?
This was the easiest question for me to answer. I started blogging for several reasons. First and foremost I love books. I wanted to connect with others who love books and help them find their next great read. Second, I needed an outlet to connect with the outside world. Being a 24/7 caregiver, I don’t lead the typical life of most 25 yearolds, which is fine, but I needed to stay connected to the world. Lastly, I am hoping that this blog will help lead to a paying career, in the field of my dreams.
3. When was the last time you embarrased yourself in public? What did you do?
Unfortunatly, it was just about a month ago. I had finally found the time to cash in my last gift card from my birthday. I walked into the salon a few minutes before my pedicure, and I was helped by a gentleman. When I went to thank him, I said “Thank you Ma’am.” I was so embarrased, but thankfully he just laughed it off. Ooops…
4. If you could listen to the music of just one singer/songwriter/band/group/whatever, for the rest of your life, who would it be?
This question took a bit of time, but really the answer was always clear. Papa Roach!
5. What is your favorite book?
Am I the only one sweating bullets right now. Wow these are some excellent questions. I am not sure if I can choose just one. If I had to answer as if my life depended on it, it would have to be…. The Outsiders. Followed closly by To Kill a Mockingbird.
6. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
I am sad to say that this is the hardest question of all time. My brain is hard-wired to remember the negatives, and not focus too much in the positives. The best compliment for me, is not what someone has said, but what has been done. Ever since I was a little girl, my friends have always come to me for help. My previous co-workers knew they could rely on me. My neighbors now, that haven’t known me my entire life, come to my door for assistance. That to me is a nice compliment.
7. What is your favorite day of the week?
In my previous life, it would have been Wednesdays. Wednesdays were the days when I had off from school and work, and then I could spend all day reading. Now, it is any day that Mom has off from work, and my grandfather is semi-coherent.
8. What is the one word you can never remember to spell?
Appreciate. I force myself to use it on a daily basis, and still I can’t remember if it is spelled with an “e” or an “i.”
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Ozzy and Jagger will you PLEASE stop barking.” It has been a contest with every dog in the building today.
10. When is the last time you did a cartwheel?
Ha. I never figured out how to do a cartwheel. I last attempted when I was seven years old. I was a cheerleader, but I was the split girl.
11. Where’s Waldo?
I LOVE Waldo. He is fabulous, and he is behind the big red and white umbrella in the center of the right side.
Thank you so much for these fabulous questions. Now for my nominees:
1. Melissa R. Smith: paranormal romance author
2. WritingWaffle: poetry
3. Mary: inspiration
4. Rhys C. Ethan: song writer/author
5. Peter Monaco: future author
6. Tick Tock, Dreamers: writing/motivation
7. Playful Meanderings: random/new year’s resolutions
8. Sarah’s Shore: writer/photographer
9. The Writer’s Codex: future novelist
Oh no! I only have nine blogs. I hope that is okay. I went through every site that I am following or that is following me, and most of you have more than 200 followers, or don’t show a count of followers. I do apologize that my list is short, but the sites listed above are unique, and you should check them out.
Now for my questions:
1. What is one thing from your childhood that always brings a smile to your face?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (Not the obvious!)
3. What season is your favorite? Why?
4. What season best describes you? Why?
5. How would you describe your blog using less than five words?
6. What is the theme song to your life?
7. Are you an early-bird or a night-owl?
8. If you could only drink one thing in order to survive, what would it be?
9. Who inspires you to be a better you?
10. What is your guilty pleasure song that you know word-for-word, that noone would suspect?
11. What do you want future generations to know about the world?
Thanks again to Andrea Kelly! For my nominees, I look forward to reading your answers. Thanks to everyone for their support!